Wednesday 29 September 2010

Authority of a reader

For the past two months I was reading the book 'Shantaram' by Gregory david roberts. The only time I read that book is when I'm on my way to work and back to home. During the returning journey the possibility of opening that book is very less. In other way I can say that time consuming too read that book on my way to work only.
It set the tempo from the start itself, and it never let down my reach the page I folded last time. That was not as keen as the tempo and grip given by my previous books such as Dan brown series. the special thing about the Dan brown books is Before reading any of his books I started the search for his books. The name came into my mind when there was a buzz about Davinci code. So I backtracked and got the first book Digital fortress and that was interesting one. Then to Deception point, was also a good one. Then I started with davinci code through angels and demons and finished off with Lost symbol. May be because I started reading from the beginner to intermediate to advanced as in the same pace of that books from dan brown. It was easy for me to grasp the difference in the intelligent quotient in each of the books. That was steady growth for me as reader. And in between I read the book 'Tuesdays with morrie', which is based on a true story, and that gave me a lot of new thoughts and sights towards the life. And I'm not shameful to admit that there was two drops of water like substance accumulated in the corner of my eyes, and I'm proud and happy to read that book in my life. Thanks to one of my dear friend, giving that book to me.
And yesterday when I was reading Shantaram, some instance in the book gave me the same feeling of missing someone, a friend of mine who lost his life in a tragic accident 4 months ago. He was a good guy, and its not the way to end a life like this, especially a person who always had a open hearted smile and a good heart. And all the heart beats and the blood flow stopped at a specific time, which is set by someone known as God in the play called Life.
Libor ...may your soul rest in peace.....
MJ :o()

No comments:

Post a Comment